Universe of Information
Stored in this Portal
Portal Library of
- Personal and professional goals achievement
- Improved personal leadership, including work / life balance
- Increased accountability and focus
- Improved self-awareness and perspective
- Growth in leadership competency and capacity
- Better systems for priority management
Topics, techniques and best practices to improve governance and management of associations, chambers and nonprofit organizations. Presented by Bob Harris, CAE, chairman of NonProfitCenter.com, instructor, author and certified association executive.
Essential Documents Resource
The core documents to maintain a nonprofit organization. Listed by: 1) IRS public documents; 2) branding-unique positioning statements; 3) governing documents; and 4) operating manuals. Be sure to rely on legal and accounting professionals for help.
Organizations develop guiding principles from inception. Founding leaders instill their values. Through time, culture and environmental changes, the ideals evolve.
Last year a member of the board gave his entire meeting packet to a vendor associated with the industry. It included a financial report, roster of members, a member grievance and confidential proposals. When asked why, he said, “We’re nonprofit, we have to share the information.”