Universe of Information
Stored in this Portal
Portal Library of
- Personal and professional goals achievement
- Improved personal leadership, including work / life balance
- Increased accountability and focus
- Improved self-awareness and perspective
- Growth in leadership competency and capacity
- Better systems for priority management
Another association met quarterly but felt they had to maximize the board’s time so they worked eight to ten hour days. The agenda expanded to fill the time. The board did plenty of committee work and talked “shop.” Reading subsequent minutes one might wonder what was accomplished.
Board service requires an understanding of the terminology related to governance, meetings and legal requirements. Board Terminology provides definitions to the often-heard terms
Few associations have perfected a formula for the ideal board experience where directors are genuinely governing and visioning. The aim is a meeting characterized by positive experiences and achievement.