Universe of Information
Stored in this Portal
Portal Library of
- Personal and professional goals achievement
- Improved personal leadership, including work / life balance
- Increased accountability and focus
- Improved self-awareness and perspective
- Growth in leadership competency and capacity
- Better systems for priority management
Board service and trusteeship requires significant responsibility and accountability. The membership, stakeholders, media, and the government scrutinize actions. The board works as a team in collaboration with the professional staff. Directors should be innovative and strategic. Seldom does an organization need directors who micromanage.
Definition: A table or chart that identifies the authority, protocols and involvement for decision-making by volunteers and staff. Purposes: To provide a tool to help volunteers and staff understand processes and associated authority (i.e. policy, bylaws, local, state and federal laws, precedents, contracts, etc.) for taking action in an orderly manner. The schedule is likely to be reviewed and updated annually --- and provided at board orientation.
Ten tips to excel in association, chamber and nonprofit management