Universe of Information
Stored in this Portal
Portal Library of
- Personal and professional goals achievement
- Improved personal leadership, including work / life balance
- Increased accountability and focus
- Improved self-awareness and perspective
- Growth in leadership competency and capacity
- Better systems for priority management
An association or chamber is a group of persons working together to advance a cause or mission. Nonprofit organizations have served the USA for more than 150 years. With 1.5 million nonprofit, exempt organizations, the common traits are a 1) mission statement and 2) a volunteer board of directors. Good governance requires a vision, strategy and team efforts.
Serving on a board of directors is an important responsibility. This guide informs volunteer leaders of the unique aspects associated with governance in a not-for-profit, tax exempt organization. The information is applicable to associations, chambers of commerce, civic, fraternal and other nonprofits.