Universe of Information
Stored in this Portal
Portal Library of
- Personal and professional goals achievement
- Improved personal leadership, including work / life balance
- Increased accountability and focus
- Improved self-awareness and perspective
- Growth in leadership competency and capacity
- Better systems for priority management
The strategic plan is the board’s roadmap or GPS1. Nearly every discussion and decision should be framed by the mission and goals. It is not a document to create at a retreat only to be shelved to collect dust. The plan communicates value to members. It directs committees. It guides successive boards of directors to stay the course and advance the mission.
A strategic plan serves as a roadmap for an organization. “Without a plan the board and staff may wander aimlessly from project to project, simply putting out fires.” The election term or year advances quickly. A plan keeps efforts on track to advance the mission and serve the members.