Universe of Information
Stored in this Portal
Portal Library of
CERT Nuclear Disaster
- Personal and professional goals achievement
- Improved personal leadership, including work / life balance
- Increased accountability and focus
- Improved self-awareness and perspective
- Growth in leadership competency and capacity
- Better systems for priority management
Take cover immediately, below ground if possible, though any shield or shelter will help protect you from the immediate effects of the blast and the pressure wave.
NUCLEAR POWER PLANT EMERGENCIES
The construction and operation of nuclear power plants are closely monitored and regulated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Accidents at these plants are possible, however. An accident could result in dangerous levels of radiation that could affect the health and safety of the public living near the nuclear power plant. Radioactive materials are composed of unstable atoms. These atoms give off excess energy until they become stable. The energy emitted is radiation.